Whoever said donuts couldn't be nutrient rich never met @eatyoungnutrition
Lindsay managed to pack 8 different Organic Traditions superfoods in these Vanilla Cake Donuts. This is just another example of how VERSATILE our instant probiotic lattes are. Ditch the food coloring and use some of our superfood powders instead! @eatyoungnutrition used our beet and chocolate lattes combined with our coconut spread + a dash of maple syrup (you could use our Yacon too!) and vanilla extract to make some refined sugar free icing. Plus to top it all off (is if it needed more) some of our raw cacao nibs and crushes roasted baru seeds.
- Refined Sugar Free
- Packed with heart healthy fats
What You’ll Need For The Dough:
- 2 tsp of our sprouted chia and flax
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1/2 cup of our coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups sprouted brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
What You’ll Need For The Glaze:
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, coconut oil, coconut sugar, monk fruit sweetener, vanilla and vinegar. Whisk well to combine.
- Using a sifter, add flour, sprouted Sprouted Chia/Flax, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk everything together well.
- Use a bag to pipe the batter into the donut pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- To make the glaze, add maple syrup and vanilla to a small bowl and whisk well. Use a glass bowl to melt the coconut spread by placing the jar in the bowl and filling it with hot water. Stir the spread for 5-10 minutes and keep replacing the hot water until the spread is melted. Add this to the glaze and whisk well.
- Next, divide the glaze into 2-3 bowls, depending on how many variations of icing you want to make. Let 1/2 tsp Beet Latte Mix dissolve in 1 tsp hot water before adding it to one of the bowls. Do the same with the Chocolate Latte Mix. If you wish, leave one bowl of glaze as it is.
- When donuts are cooled, use a spoon to glaze. You may wish to add 1-3 tbsp hot water to the glazes to thin them out. Top with Crushed Roasted Baru seeds and Cacao Nibs. Let cool and serve at room temperature.
- Donuts keep at room temperature for 3-4 days, and for about 8 days in the fridge.